The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Kelsey!!!!!!!!


One thing I am was not lucky enough to have growing up was a sister. I think I could have been a good brother to a little sister. What I didn't know was what God had in store for me in 2003. I got all I ever dreamed of and more in a sister. Not only did I get a sister but also I got a chaperone for Royann and I throughout our dating process. I remember the first time I met Kelsey. She welcomed me with open arms into the family. The whole family did a great job of that, but Kelsey was different. She became a part of my life from day one. She has been my basketball buddy, my co pilot flying, a carpenter when I needed help, a vacation partner, my Ole Miss football game partner, and a girl just when I needed to talk. She is mature way beyond her years. She is the all-american girl. Royann and Kelsey are really close also. They spent eight or nine years sleeping in the same twin bed. She was Royann's snuggle bunny.



The first time I met Kelsey she was turning the ripe age of twelve. Today I heard a story of Kelsey on her twelfth birthday. She was at the drug store working when a the thoughts of getting older got the best of her. She ran over to the flower shop to seek counsel from Bessie the Florist. She jumped on the counter in the shop and and tears was rolling down her face. Bessie thought she had gotten in trouble with her Mom and Dad. Bessie questioned what was wrong and Kelsey exclaimed, " I don't want to get older". Bessie told her that getting older was great and to enjoy these days and questioned her why getting older was so scary. Kelsey went on to tell Bessie she was really afraid of getting boobs and womanly curves. Bessie went on to comfort her that day about growing into a woman. She grew into one heck of a woman. She not only has the looks, but the brains to back it up.





Happy Birthday Kelsey (little sister), and Royann and I love you very much. We will always be here for you if ever need anything. We hope to get to spend a lot more birthdays with you. Maybe one day you will get those boobs you so fear.

1 comment:

Buse Family said...

oh what a sweet sweet post!! she is everything and more than what you said in your post!! but i am afraid she still doesnt have boobs.. it took me 24 years and a baby to get them and I am afraid they are only temporary!