The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day

July 4th has always been a special holiday for me and my family. We are a very competitive family when it comes to sports. If we have a family get together we are gonna have some sort of athletic contest to play to see who is the best(thanksgiving is the Turkey Bowl or family football game, Easter is baseball,we used to have a skate off at the skating rink at our family reunion until somebody got hurt, and Mother's day we golf, and July the 4th has turned into who can do the most on the diving board). The odd thing is we had three of us play college basketball, but we don't have a basketball game. Every Christmas we give out medals to the best of the worst achievers(what person stretched their body to its fullest potential to win,You add your points up from hits, golf strokes, touchdowns, and the diving board contest points). Last year I took home the silver only behind Uncle Larry who I think still paid off the judges. This is the year I am not gonna be denied the gold for the diving board contest. Here is a shot of my first flip and then the camera ran out of space. As you can see it is almost perfect except for the fat rolls. I wish I had a copy of the back flip because it mezmorized the crowd.

You tell me who is the better flipper. I mean look at the clearance I got compared to Uncle Larry and I made it all the way over and my feet hit the water. He landed on his back. If I lose this one I will know it is rigged.
I will keep you updated on medal point counts in future posts. Anyways it was good just to spend time with family and relax. Ann Fleming got to go swimming for the first time and loved it. We ate bar-b-que until we almost popped . Ann Fleming got to spend time with family and grinned and cooed for everyone.
Here are some more pictures from throughout the day:


Favorite grandchild and favorite great-grandchild, I am sorry the cats out of the bag:

No comments: