The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rest in Peace Old Girl! Born 11-19-99 Died 3-4-12

The Leflore house got a little smaller last week. Our dog I have had since I began the lodge back in 99, Molly, passed away Sunday. Royann thinks it was from a tumor in her abdomen and old age. Molly will always be on of those you never forget. She was as loving and loyal you could ever ask for in a dog.  Molly only hunted a couple of years because she sprained her knee jumping out of the truck causing arthritis, but that didn't slow her down from doing her most favorite thing, riding in the truck. I never saw a dog that loved riding as much as Molly did. It is no telling the number of miles Molly rode over the past twelve years. My truck I have now, has 199,000 miles on it. I got it in 2003 and I know Molly rode in the back for at least ninety percent of them. Molly produced some good puppies over the years we had her. She even had one of the most famous puppies ever. The pick of the litter in her first litter of pups went to Peyton Manning. I saw Peyton one time at Ole Miss with a shared friend and he told me that "Colt" was the only thing in the world that didn't want anything but love from him. I think I was always prouder of the fact Molly's son was living the high life than she was.

     Molly, I hope you and Kit are having fun. I know you can run faster than the wind blows now with no arthritis. Keep Kit straight for me until I get there.




No comments: