The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Who's Yo Daddy?

Afternoon walks usually consists of myself, the kids in the wagon, and the labs to get them some exercise. Since most days they just sit in kennels all day. Lately I have had complaints from my neighbors about Spoonbill chasing their pets. I haven't paid much attention to the complaints until Spoonbill walked up to me the other day with a dead cat in her mouth. I knew I had to give her some life lessons real quick or my neighbor would with a shotgun. I brought out the shock collar the other day and thought I would establish some boundaries for Spoonbill as far as their yard goes. Now Spoonbill knows exactly what the shock collar is. She fears and starts vibrating when she sees it. She is the best heeling lab you would ever want when she has the collar on. I put it on her the other day for our walk. I had no problems when we passed my neighbors house and their yard had numerous pets in it. So I just put the remote to the collar in the carrier with Taylor because after passing their house I knew there would be no more problems with Spoonbill. Taylor was already asleep and I knew she wouldn't hit any buttons. I usually wear head phones with music playing while I walk and I turn the music up just enough that I can hear the kids and hear the music also. We made it down to the Downing's turn rows about a mile away with Spoonbill either walking on my heel or right beside the wagon with the kids. We made it just a little ways down the turn row and I hear this high pitch squeal and Spoonbill burst out like she has a rocket attached to her butt. I though maybe she was chasing a skunk or any other small animal we have seen on our walking trips. I called her back and she got back on heel. About ten minutes later she did the same thing but screaming louder this time. I turned around to see if there was a problem with the remote malfunctioning, but it was missing. I heard Spoonbill around the corner scream again. I had to find the remote and turn it off or find Spoonbill and get the collar off of her, but we had gone about a mile and a half and it is no telling where the remote fell out. I look through the wagon to see if it was in there and I didn't find it. I finally get Spoonbill almost close enough to get collar off of her and she takes off again squealing. I looked around and figured out why she is squealing. Ann Fleming had grabbed the remote while I wasn't looking and had it hid and was pushing the button to shock her on the highest amount of electricity it would give. It was funny at the time, but not for poor Spoonbill. The remote will stay in my hands from now on.


No comments: