The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 18, 2011

If Heaven Has Ducks!

A hunter had a dream of finding the perfect dog. Not only of finding a dog that would work for him diving into icy cold water for a web footed bird, but one that he could call his friend. Not many hunters find this combination. Because God only makes a few of them. Anybody can have a great pet and anybody can have a great hunting dog, but when you find both in the same dog, it is a rare thing.

Kitt, my hunting lab, was run over last night. I can't even begin to explain what I feel right now. Most of my thoughts go to a future without her and the past with her, as I am trying to avoid the present. I think back to all the hunts we shared together. All the ducks she picked up for me and my hunters (When I say thousands, I literally mean thousands.). I think about the hours we spent together in a layout blind together with her laying between my legs. The hours she spent in the house at my feet asleep waiting on my next command. The hours we spent together in a truck riding together. What in the world am I gonna do without her? I think about the hunts of the future.  How many times are hunters are gonna ask me, "Hey, Where's Kit?"? I am gonna think back of her and that thing in the back of my throat is gonna form and make it hard to swallow the saliva in my mouth. Who is gonna spot the ducks coming in before they are in my sight? I am glad I let her camp out the other night with Ann Fleming and me. I am glad I took her on one more walk with me the other day. Besides my wife, I don't think I will ever find another thing as loyal as you were.

Kitt: April 14, 2004- November 17, 2011






So Kitt for your sake, I hope there are ducks in heaven or they at least have tennis balls. If they do, I know what you are doing. We will all see you again one of these days. Until then my favorite command, One More Time: SHHHHH' BACKKKKK'!!!!!!!!!! We all love you and will miss you Kitt!

1 comment:

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

rocky ~ i'm SO sorry!!!!! tommy's black lab, eli, was run over a few years ago. he still says, "there goes e" every time we see a black lab riding in a car, walking with someone, or chasing a ball......