The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Drop It!

Well a couple of weeks ago, I decided it was time to lose some pounds. So I talked it over with Royann and some friends that were dieting right now and what they were doing. One of my guides started after duck season this year and has been going now for 5 months and has lost 69 pounds. I asked how he did it and he told me he met with a dietitian. So I set up an appointment with the dietitian he was seeing to see what she could do for me. He told me it would take a while in the appointment because of the different things they do, like blood work, measurements, and sitting down with the dietitian to layout a diet specifically fit for my needs. Well turns out my blood work was good(bad cholesterol a little high), my body fat was 35% (I know sickening isn't it). weighed in at 299(holy moly, I have never even thought about weighing this).

This is what I felt like on the beach a couple of weeks ago.

 Then I went in after all this was done and met with the dietitian. I told her about my lifestyle, what I was eating and drinking, and my exercise habits. Then she started telling me all the things I was doing that was affecting my weight. I have always been one that ate low fat items. What I didn't know was all the carbs I was putting in my body. Here are the biggest things that were affecting me the most: Mountain Dew almost every day( enough carbs for two days), Sweet Tea( I am not a big sweet tea drinker, but I drink enough), candy( I love candy, any kind), gatorade( I found this one hard to believe also), and high carb breads and starches( I love my sandwiches and french fries). Listen, up closely if you are reading this. Do you want to lose thirty and keep it off with one change, drink only water each day.



 So here is what she did for me, she started me out on a high protein, medium carb diet. I can still have my coffee in the morning, but the rest is water. She said I could have unsweet tea, but I don't really like artificial sweeteners and don't think they are healthy and that includes diet drinks. She taught me how to read nutritional facts on food items and how to figure out how many proteins and carbs I can have any given day according to my chart. She also told me she wanted me to walk or run hard four times a week for at least 30 minutes each time.

So here I am at the end of week one. Remember I told you what I weighed in at the dietitian's office (299). I took my first weight this morning at the vet. clinic and I am now DRUM ROLL PLEASE:


285.6


I know some are gonna say this is a  unhealthy loss. She told me though with my metabolism, height, and muscle build that I would lose a lot of weight really fast the first couple of months. She said I could lose all the way up to 30-60 lbs in the first couple of months because a lot of this weight was water. I was like good, because I can quit after a couple of months. She said a lot of people do and this is the reason a lot of people gain back so quick, because after this quick loss they go back to their old lifestyle and they didn't lose any fat. Then she told me her main concern with me was the tire around my belly and that wouldn't come off until months 4-6. She said statistics show that men with a spare tire are more likely to take blood pressure pills, cholesterol pills, and more prone to heart attacks. I am not a pill person, so let's shed the pounds.  I am gonna try and keep this updated each week and let you guys know the progress.


No comments: