The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Week Three of "Drop It"

Alrighty then! It has officially been three complete weeks now since I have been on a diet. I changed up this week on how I got my proteins. In week two I got most of my proteins through red meat. This week I wanted to change it up some and see if chicken would make a difference in weight loss versus red meat. I think the only positive of eating the grilled chicken versus red meat was the ease on my digestive system. What I mean by that is not the bathroom part, but how my stomach feels after eating these types of meat. I have had problems in the past with acid reflux and it seems that happens less with chicken.

I stayed with the all water part of my diet. I can really feel a difference with drinking nothing but water every day. I have gotten used to having nothing but water. Its kind of like now my body expects to drink water at a meal. One thing I really have been practicing with the water this week is drinking 20 ounces 30 minutes before each meal. I get full faster with eating and I think it really aids in digestion. I have been having around 100 ounces a day of water. I also started taking Flinstone vitamins this week just to get other nourishment. This was doctor recommended.

I have not been hitting my target most days on carbs. I will fall just short by one or two servings with like eight or nine servings of carbs. Some days I have also been falling short on my proteins only hitting the twelve to fifteen servings mark. I think I am more worried about not getting my proteins than I am about the carbs. With the exercise program I have been doing I need all the proteins I can get. I have been walking or jogging about 4 miles a day. Yes I came up on the distance this week. I was only going two to three miles in past weeks, but I moved it up to around four miles this week. I have had to use the treadmill in my exercise room this week with all the rain we have had. I am a outdoors person when it comes to walking, but being in the delta there is not really much you can do about the incline. I really like being able to change that setting on my treadmill and getting the burn on. So I have been walking outside two miles and two or a little more on the treadmill with lots of incline. So lets get to the nitty gritty:

 I started the diet weighing in at 299 



I now weigh, drum roll please:

272

Total weight loss of week three is 10 pounds
So the total weight loss so far since July 8 is 27 pounds


No comments: