The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

July 4

What a July 4 we had as a family this year! It was so much fun all the way around. We started off our holiday going to the July 4th celebration in Greenwood, Ms on June 30. It was unreal at all the activities they had for all the families that showed up. I hear a lot of people putting down Delta towns and how they are not a place to raise a family anymore. I would have to disagree with them. I love living here and I am proud to say I am from the Delta, but back to the Greenwood celebration that is a whole different subject. We didn't get to the event until late and it was packed. Organizers held the event in between the bridges on the Yazoo River. It was great to see the town of Greenwood come together as a town, black and white, rich and poor. The best thing to me and Ann Fleming about the event was the firework display. I don't think I have ever seen a better display of lights and booms and I have seen quite a few in my lifetime. Here are a few pictures of the fireworks:

I couldn't get Ann Fleming to look at the camera the fireworks were so good!


Ann Fleming pointing!


Look at that face! So happy!




Looking on where they were shooting them from!


WOW!


Finally a frontal shot!


Sad they had to end!

We finished our July 4th holiday off at my Aunt Mary's and Uncle Larry's house. They have such a beautiful place to host an event like this. We ate, swam, and visited with our family. Ann Fleming even met one of her future classmates and they were wearing the same attire. Her name is Julia and is the daughter of my cousin Heath and Mary Taylor Killebrew. She will be in the same class at Pillow with Ann Fleming. I know from previous post, you know how much Ann Fleming loves the water, so I won't go into that again. I think the only sad part about the day was not having Mamaw there to celebrate with us. She loved July 4th because not only do immediate kin of ours show up, but also distant cousins come for the 4th of July. Thanks again to Aunt Mary and Uncle Larry for hosting such a wonderful event.


Ann Fleming and Julia Wade Killebrew

Playing in the kiddie pool!
In the big pool!
Peaking over the side!

Ann Carol holding on to my back!
Julia Wade trying on her Dad's shoes!
Aunt Mary and Taylor!

Ann Fleming and her festive outfit!
Showing it off!
This is how I will remember the 4th. Ann Fleming and I loving the pool.

No comments: