The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nana's House

I know you guys get sick of reading blog post about our family making our monthly trip to Nana's, but if you are gonna keep up with our family, then I guess you can read further or skip this post. Each trip is unique in its own way and it seems like something special happens each time.

We loaded up and headed to Nana's after lunch on Saturday. Royann had to get some rest after our early morning walk. She thought she could hang with me, but she found out she is out of shape just slightly. We just went for a leisurely stroll around the fields of our neighbors, the Downing's. I said it was a leisurely walk, because it was a off day for my exercising. We didn't walk but 4.5 miles. I think by about the third mile, Royann was about 100 yards behind me and the kids that I was pulling in the wagon, but she made it and I was proud.

We made it to Nana's around two in the afternoon. Our main purpose was to visit with Nana and help her move her furniture back around because she has been having renovations done to her house. Her house looks amazing. I know she is real proud of it also. She fixed a nice lunch for everyone. Patti Long, Kay and Jimmy Slater, Nana, Royann, Myself, and the kids were all there to get all of her things rearranged. We got everything situated back around in the house and Ann Fleming, Royann, and I made our way to the yard to play and take some pictures. You all know what I think about Nana's yard from previous post. Nana's yard and surroundings will always throw you a surprise every time we go to Nana's. I would say the unique thing about this trip was Ann Fleming got to see her first horse up close and personal. Whether its a deer, turkey, or in this case a horse that is staying in the pasture behind the house it is always something fun in Nana's back yard.

What trip to Nana's wouldn't be special without playing Mexican Train Dominoes or Ann Fleming finding and trying to eat all of Nana's blueberries. We accomplished both of these along with lots of family time with Nana and Kay. So overall the trip was great and really enjoyed by us. Here are a few pictures below of the day:


Pose with horse in the background


Calling him over


Closer


I think we were both excited he came over.  Ann Fleming loved petting the horse.


He was more scared of Ann Fleming than she was of him.


Ann Fleming posing




Swing on the back porch


Ann Fleming's first boo boo. She stuck her hand in my treadmill while it was running.


Blueberry Action


Feeding Aunt Khaki


Climbing a ladder


To the top


Dominoe action



No comments: