The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 12, 2011

Love at First Sight!

Blue has been a member of my household even before Royann came along. He has been much of a loaner his whole life. His only mission in life has been to serve the comfort of me and those that sat in him. Old Blue almost died a few years back of loneliness when we moved to Muscle Shoals, Al and left him at the lodge in Morgan City to fend for himself. Blue's only care in the world was to make people happy. I mean people had fought with me for years just to sit in Blue and he liked the attention the hunters and myself around the lodge showed him. Blue isn't the most beautiful thing in the world according to my wife. I agree sometimes because he does have stains on the outside that make him ugly and he does have some internal problems. The internal problems started back about six or seven years ago when an overweight hunter decided to make Blue his bed for a few days because his hunting partner had a snoring problem. The pudgy fellow gave Blue a back problem or should I say Blue lost some screws from a brace that holds the seat up and the wood that the brace is attached to broke. I, the doctor, patched up Blue as best I could. I fixed the wood and replaced the screws, but Blue stills has a little bit of a lean to him telling sitters he has seen better days. Blue also lost his only arm a few years ago. The arm that raises the foot recliner broke off at the shoulder making it difficult for non-regular users of Blue to use the recline position, but for me Blue kept chugging along. So as you can see Blue isn't the most ideal chair for furniture decorators. When we built the new lodge, Blue got moved to the sitting area in our bedroom. So he went from being the showpiece in the old lodge to a forgotten piece in our bedroom, except by me. Blue really thought is was the end of the road for him, but little did he know he would catch his second wind.

Royann has been ranting and raving about getting a chair in our sitting area for her to sit in. I had told her numerous times that it wasn't enough room for two chairs. I mean this was mine and Old Blue's space. This is where Blue and I for last couple of years have shared our alone time with a T.V. and computer. It was our solitude. It really was enough room, but Blue and I didn't want anybody else moving in. Royann bought a "Best" brand, Nursery Rhyme edition chair, for the nursery before we had Ann Fleming. Greenie, what we call Royann's chair, is everything Blue isn't. She doesn't have a blemish, no stains, no tears, a beautiful foot prop that wasn't attached, and physically is in the prime of her life. If you were to say anything about Greenie, it is she is a little wide, but Royann just calls her big-boned.  Now Blue and Greenie hadn't ever met before. They lived just 30 feet from each other and never had bumped into each other. Blue had seen her once in passing by the nursery and it was like Blue saw her and stopped the moving motion of me pushing him down the hall, but that could have been the crack in the concrete that stopped Blue. It was like Blue liked what he saw. Either way Royann over the hot summer wanted to move her chair into our room to feed the baby in as I was sitting in Blue most of the time, but I kept insisting that it wasn't enough room. Blue has never been much of a chair to feed babies in. He doesn't like babies because they climb on him, spit up on him, and just wear on his aging body. Well while I was out of town one day, Royann moved Greenie in beside Blue in the sitting area. My first thoughts was, this isn't gonna work. Then I sat in Blue and it was like he was young again. The sagging and leaning feeling I usually get when I sit in him was gone. It was like his spine was new.  In the past few years I usually have to put my feet on the ground, kick the recliner out, and then position the angle of the chair.  The recliner part worked now all in one motion without a hitch. Greenie had brought Blue back to life.

I am not a person of change. I don't like it. I like my routine world I work in each day, but when change brings out our or others best, I think it is a good thing. Who would have thought a new, young, good looking lady chair, would bring a ageing, broken down, blue chair back to the prime of his life. Blue was on the verge of going to the junkyard or being put to the fire, but now I think he may have a few years left in him. Thank goodness Blue was neutered a couple of years back. I don't have the floor space for any baby chairs in our house. Here is a shot of how we found Blue and Greenie yesterday when we got home from Jackson.

Can you feel the love. I sure can.

No comments: