The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Delta Snow!

Growing up, fall was always my favorite time of the year. There is no telling how many hours I spent in a cotton trailer and picking cotton in my paper sacks. The smell of defoliant in the air now just gets my mind deep in memories of the past. I wanted Ann Fleming to go ride the cotton picker a couple of weeks back to see if she would like it. Little did I know how much cotton farming has changed in the past couple of years. From my old days of cotton trailers and riding to the gin with the man that pulled the trailers, to modules in the last few years, and now a cotton picker that spits its own round bale of cotton out the back.

Ann Fleming in the last few months has been amazed with big equipment and playing in the dirt. So I thought this was perfect situtation for her to get up close and personal with both. My cousins Heath and Keath Killebrew were picking close by and I called them to see if we could go ride with them. My cousin Russ, Royann, Ann Fleming, my brother Mitch, and their kids went also. It was a fun time and Ann Fleming loved it like I knew she would. Sometimes I think Ann Fleming may be a little bit of a tom boy when she gets older, but it may be just the southern debutant coming out in her. You know the girl, she can play in the dirt all day long, but at night she is all woman. Enjoy the pics from our day.

Picking Cotton


Looking it over


We were both pretty amazed with the pickers


Great picture from Royann


Like father like daughter!


I thought this was a good picture




Riding in Keath's lap. I knew Royann would enjoy it more than I would. So she took the ride with Ann Fleming


She does not want to get off the picker. Can you guess which one?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: