The Leflore Family-est 2/2006

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Into the Wild with Jack Hanna

Friday night Royann and I and the kids returned to Starkville, Ms for the Vet. School's 30 year reunion. It was a great time seeing some of her old classmates, teachers, and administrators of the Vet. School. It was held at the Hunter Henry Alumni Center. The feature of the night though had to be presentation made by Jack Hanna. I don't know if I have told you guys lately about Ann Fleming's love for animals outside of just our pets. She has learned numerous pet sounds and can identify any animal by its picture. Royann and I both have been working with her each night with flash cards with numbers, letters, and her favorite, the animal cards and you tube videos of different animals. I will post a video in a few days of her making all of her animal sounds. Back to Jack Hanna, to me there was three highlights of the night for the Leflore family.

The first was, Royann left during dinner to change Taylor and met Jack Hanna while she was in the hallway. They made small talk and she came back to the table and told me she met him in the hallway before his presentation. I didn't think much about it except I would have liked to get a picture of him, Taylor, and Royann. That is until he got up to make his speech. He started it off like any normal speech maker. He used a joke to get the mood right in the room. He started to talk of all of his credentials of working with animals and then spoke of a person with a baby he met in the hallway earlier. That person asked if he was a vet. and he told that person no and that person then said well Mr. Jack  if your not a Vet. what is it you exactly do then? The whole room busted into laughter. I turned to look at Royann and she is laughing but red as a fire engine and said that was her.

Second, when Jack Hanna makes a presentation to a crowd he always uses animals and videos of animals. It helps him get across the point of what exactly he does. Little did I know that those flash cards and videos I have been using to teach Ann Fleming would come back to bite us. With each video and animal presentation made to the crowd Ann Fleming would make the animals noise for the whole 500 in attendance. I would have to say when she saw a elephant on video it was the worse. They were doing a video presentation of safari's and a herd of elephants came on the screen and I had Ann Fleming standing in my lap to see the screen. It is one of her favorite animals. It is the only animal she gets to use not only voice presentation but also body language with it. She trumpeted out like a elephant and did the trunk with her hand. Total embarrassment! Then the other was when he brought some type of endangered Egyptian cat on stage with him. Ann Fleming went crazy screaming "KITTY" AND "MEOW" and that was when I decided that was enough and took her outside to the MSU/South Carolina soccer game going on next door.

Little did I know that wasn't the end of the entertainment. We walked over to the game and stood behind the fence to the field in front of the bleachers and I guess it was halftime of the game because they were playing loud music over the speakers. Ann Fleming went on to entertain the whole bleachers of the soccer game. She danced better than any dance I could ever think about doing. Swinging her arms and shaking her booty and head and the bleachers cheering her on. When she figured out everybody was watching her she decided she had enough.

I swear there are never any dull moments in the Leflore household.

Leflore Family


I thought this was a great picture of our family.

There is that cat I talked about earlier!





No comments: